PB3

Part 1: 

I think the major thing that people suggested for my ACURA project is narrowing my research topic down to something more specific. And I can definitely see where they are coming from. Looking back on it now I kind of had two different topics put together (the body changes and mental changes). So the major change to my ACURA project would be to find a smaller nesting doll to focus on and find articles that relate specifically to that topic.

Part 2:

Do the affects of space on the human body cause a delay in a Mars landing in the next 10 years?

Part 3:

Rudobeck, E., Bellone, J., Szucs, A., Bonnick, K., Mehrotra-Carter, S., Badaut, J., Nelson, G., Hartman, R., Vlkolinsky, R. (2017). Low-dose proton radiation effects in a transgenic mouse model of alzheimer's disease - implications for space travel. Plos One, 12(11) doi:10.1371/journai.pone.0186168


Boerma, M., Nelson, G., Sridharan, V., Mao, X., Koturbash, I., Hauer-Jensen, M. (2015) Space Radiation and Cardiovascular Disease Risk. doi: 10.4330/wjc.v7.i12.882

Do, S., Owens, A., Ho, K., Schreiner, S., & de Weck, O. (2016). An independent assessment of the technical feasibility of the mars one mission plan – updated analysis. Acta Astronautica, 120, 192-228. doi:10.1016/j.actaastro.2015.11.025

Vicente-Retortillo, Á., Lemmon, M. T., Martínez, G. M., Valero, F., Vázquez, L., & Martín, M. L. (2016). Seasonal and interannual variability of solar radiation at spirit, opportunity and curiosity landing sites/Variabilidad estacional e interanual de la radiación solar en las coordenadas de aterrizaje de spirit, opportunity y curiosity. Física De La Tierra, 28, 111. doi:10.5209/rev_FITE.2016.v28.53900

Gerbaix, M., Gnyubkin, V., Farlay, D., Olivier, C., Ammann, P., Courbon, G., Laroche, N., Genthial, R., Follet, H., Peyrin, F., Shenkman, B., Gauquelin-Koch, G., Vico, L. (2017). One-month spaceflight compromises the bone microstructure, tissue-level mechanical properties, osteocyte survival and lacunae volume in mature mice skeletons.Scientific Reports, 7(1), 2659-12. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-03014-2

Eckberg, D. L., Diedrich, A., Cooke, W. H., Biaggioni, I., Buckey, J. C., Pawelczyk, J. A., Ertl, A., Cox, J., Kuusela, T., Tahvanainen, K., Mano, T., Iwase, S., Baisch, F., Levine, B., Adams-Huet, B., Robertson, D., Blomqvist, C. G. (2016). Respiratory modulation of human autonomic function: Long‐term neuroplasticity in space. The Journal of Physiology, 594(19), 5629-5646. doi:10.1113/JP271656

Kokhan, V. S., Matveeva, M. I., Mukhametov, A., & Shtemberg, A. S. (2016). Risk of defeats in the central nervous system during deep space missions. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 71, 621-632. doi:10.1016/j.neubiorev.2016.10.006

Seawright, J., Samman, Y., Sridharan, V., Mao, X., Cao, M., Singh, P., Melnyk, S., Koturbash, I., Nelson, G., Hauer-Jenson, M., Boerma, M. (2017). Effects of low-dose rate gamma-irradiation combined with simulated microgravity on markers of oxidative stress, DNA methylation potential, and remodeling in the mouse heart.Plos One, 12(7), e0180594. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0180594

Some new keywords that I found while finding more journals are cognitive impairments, space radiation, molecular mechanisms, mars exploration, and ionization. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PB1B on Genre Generators

PB2B on Specific Journals

PB2A Parts 3-5 on Finding Articles